Call for Volunteers
To apply, please send us an email with a short answer to the questions:
- Who are you?
- What do you know about Dramatic Changes?
- Which position are you interested in and why?
- How do you feel about the time commitment and responsibilities of the position?
Dramatic Changes is a volunteer run organization. If you believe in the work we do and want to help out, we would love to hear from you! We are currently looking for volunteers to fill the following positions:
Snacks Coordinator (1 hour/week)
The snacks coordinator ensures that all our events have snacks available!
- Purchase or create snacks with a tiny budget.
- Bring snacks to events
Social Media and Website Manager (1 -2 hours/week):
- Design and invent things to post on social media once or twice each week
- Communicate with PR coordinator
- Make Facebook events and post events to the website
PR coordinator and promo text writer, newsletter (3-5 hours / week)
- Stay up to date with all the Dramatic Changes projects and events.
- Work with the creative team to create descriptions for each project and event
- Reach out to newspapers, radio, TV stations, and other media organisations to help promote our work
- Write the monthly newsletter.
Poster and Graphic designer (1 hour / week)
- Communicate with the PR and marketing team.
- Design posters and graphics for each project and event
Event Decorator (1 hour / week)
- Bring all Dramatic Changes promo material and swag to events.
- Decorate spaces to feel welcoming and friendly.
Board and volunteer coordinator (varied time commitment)
- Communicate with board members and volunteers
- Schedule meetings and assign tasks as necessary.
- Help to organise an annual thank you event.
Venue and site manager (1-2 hours / week)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of venues in the area that we can use for free
- Reach out to new venues and build a relationship with them
- Book spaces when we need them
- Ensure that venues receive the proper acknowledgement and thanks for their contribution.
Sponsorship coordinator (1 hour / week)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of businesses in the area.
- Approach new businesses with sponsorship requests and maintain relationships with current sponsors.
- Develop and evolve a sponsorship pitch
- Ensure that sponsors receive the proper acknowledgement and thanks for their contribution.
Accessibly coordinator (1 hour / month)
- Ensure that everything Dramatic Changes creates is as accessible as we have capacity to make it
Grant writer (1-10 hours / week)
- Work with the creative team to understand the needs and parameters of our projects
- Communicate with grant officers
- Communicate with Partnership Coordinator to get letters of support
- Communicate with Media team to get photo, audio, and video support materials
- Scour the web for funding opportunities and keep an up-to-date list of potential funding sources
- Communicate with PR team to get project descriptions for grant applications
- Communicate with Evaluator to add evaluations structures and info into grants
- Tweak project descriptions to better fit grants
Partnership Coordinator (1 hour / month)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all the nonprofits and organisations that we should partner with
- Reach out to new organisations and develop relationships for future partnering
- Reach out to organisations for letters of support for grant applications.
Fundraising and crowdfunding coordinator (1-5 hours / week)
- Design campaigns to raise money
- Design new ways to reach people that we don’t already know
- Design fundraising strategies that can integrate with existing events
- Help to sell our art products such as books, albums, etc.
Evaluator (1 hour / month)
- Design evaluations for each projects and coordinate the collection of data
- Interview people involved with projects
- Extrapolate from data to make suggestions for future projects.
Dramaturg (1 hour / week)
- Find research that relates to our projects to ensure that we are accurate, sensitive, and aware of the context in which we exist, and what has come before.
- Communicate and inform creative team.
- Make recommendations about sensitive subject matter.
Equipment coordinator and tech (1 hour / week)
- Maintain an up-to-date list of all the technology we own, and the state that it’s in.
- Maintain a booking system so that people can borrow our gear
- Coordinate with clients to schedule pick up and drop off of gear.
Canvasser (2 hours / week)
- Speak with strangers about the work of Dramatic Changes.
- Maintain and up-to-date awareness of our projects, and needs
- Create and evolve a canvassing spiel.
- Recruit folks to join our mailing list, to donate, and to participate in our projects.
Event Facilitators / Artists (as needed)
- Arrive at events early and help set up the space
- Be familiar with event plans, and dramatic changes best practices.
- Work with participants to support their wellbeing and encourage participation.
- Execute events
Bookkeeper / Accountant (1 hour / week)
- Keep track of money coming in and out of dramatic changes’ bank account
- Collect invoices and disburse money (issue cheques, send e-transfers, etc)
- Keep track of receipts and expenses
- Prepare and file CRA documents annually, and RJSC documents.
- Communicate with Bank if any issues come up
- File T4s annually
- File tax deductions monthly (when we have staff)
- Keep an eye out for tax things that could save folks money
- Keep an eye out for any tax rebates that we might be eligible
Lawyer (4 hours / year)
- Ensure that we aren't breaking any laws!
- Design and update contracts
- Ensure that contracts are signed before anyone is hired.